Dad. He’s always been your no-fee ATM, your Mr. Fix-it and superhero. And let’s be honest, you weren’t always daddy’s little angel. Frankly, at times, you were a complete assailant to his esteem.
So, let’s agree that it’s time to suitably celebrate the man, the myth, the legend… good ole D.A.D. Part ways with the World’s Best Dad mug and predictable tools and tie. Give a gift fathers really want for their special day of recognition—a solid few hours alone in his man-chair and something strong to kick back with and relax. Whether his taste is beer, bourbon, or maybe even something sweet (no judgement here) – bestow dad one of these “no assembly required” boozy gifts and say, “Happy Father’s Day from your greatest achievement.”
- Hennessy Master Blender’s #2 Cognac: If your dad has a taste for the finer things in life, a bottle of this cognac should top off his night right. With cognac sales on the rise, it is likely to be highly allocated soon, so grab a bottle while it is still easily accessible. If this option is a little too tough on your budget, give Bowen Cognac a try. Read more about cognac’s likely allocation here.
- Crowlers & Growlers: Find your local Brew Stop and fill up a 32 oz crowler or growler of a local craft beer. You can find the selection of beers available by searching your local ABC Fine Wine & Spirits on Untappd or by simply calling the store. Tip: If you fill up any day between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., you can receive $1 off by using this Growler VIP card!
- Rye Whiskey: Let the man forget about the lawn and laundry he didn’t pick up when mom asked and enjoy a whiskey, neat. Fix dad a gift box with Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Tennessee Rye Whiskey, some whiskey stones and a rocks glass. You will quickly earn the status of favorite for the day.
- Glenfiddich Single Malt 14 Year Scotch: If it’s good enough for Ron Burgundy, it’s good enough for your old man. He can drink it neat or with a splash of Q, either way, the glass is half full.
- Mix & Match 6 Pack: He gave you bottles as a babe, so he deserves a few from you. From pale ales to pilsners, you can supply him a selection of his favorites. When you mix and match six, you receive 10 percent off each bottle. Recommendation: Boulevard Brewing Co. Boubon Barrel Quad Barrel Aged Ale.
- Woodford Reserve and Fonseca Nicaragua Toro—the perfect pair for the pops who has it all. For the bourbon-lovin’ father, grab a bottle of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey and a bundle of cigars. We’ve paired it with Fonseca but feel free to mix it up. You can get him an assortment when you mix and match six cigars and receive 10 percent off.
- Gourmet Wine Basket: Have one of our team members help you assemble the perfect basket full of gourmet meats and cheeses from our cooler! Our wine consultants can help you pick out the perfect wine to pair. Ask to include Twine Gourmet Cheese knives for a fancy finish. Our wine suggestion: Jackie Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Gift sets: For an easy last-minute gift, shop an array of gift sets at your local ABC. Our current favorite is Patron’s Perfect Jalisco Mule gift set. Each one includes a 1.75L of Patron Silver and two Patron Mule Mugs. Just add lime juice and ginger beer to complete the recipe.
- Coravin Wine System: For the wine-lover who’s ready to upgrade from the classic waiter’s corkscrew, the Coravin Wine System is an exceptional investment. The magic of Coravin lets you sip a glass of wine without ever pulling the cork from the bottle, saving the remaining wine in the bottle from expiring.
- Outdoor Accessories: For the avid outdoorsman, grab a gift bag and fill it with accessories to keep his drink cold as he camps or fishes. From koozies to coolers, find a multitude of accessories to snag for dad. If you are planning a beach weekend, spike a cupholder in the sand and fill up a SIC cup to keep his brew brisk. You can find out beachside locations here.
Now that you’ve got a handle on some truly spirited gift ideas, you’ll have more time to spend on your Hallmark card-writing skills. No pressure.