Going into the 2019 Big Game (Don’t sue us NFL- we said “Big Game”) I have about 53 questions. For the sake of time (and effort,) I will narrow them down to just five.
- Will Bill Belichick finally wear a sweater that still has sleeves?
- Will we get to see Morgan Freeman and Peter Dinklage rap battle again?
- Will we finally get used to saying Los Angeles Rams?
- Will the residents of St. Louis unplug their TV’s in protest on February 3rd? (I mean break ups are hard. First the Cardinals, then the Rams- the common denominator isn’t in your favor there, St. Louie.)
- Will there be cocktails?
OK, that last question was a bit silly. Of course there will be cocktails. Sunday night football isn’t just reserved for beer-lovers, after all.
As your guests are gathered around the TV, stir up some SUPER simple mixed drinks that will score you extra points with your football fans.
Hail Mary Bloody Mary
As the clock runs out, mix up this highball miracle.
- 3 ounces Three Olives® Vodka
- 3 ounces tomato juice
- 1-ounce hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Fill rocks glass with ice and pour in vodka, tomato juice, hot sauce
Old Camp Tailgate Tea
Warning: consumption may result in an end-zone dance.
- 1 ½ ounce Old Camp® Peach Pecan Whiskey
- 4 ½ ounces sweet tea
- Slice of lemon
- Sprig of mint
Combine ingredients. Serve over ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge and a spring of mint
First and 10 Mule
A cocktail that will have you best fans cheering “First and 10 do it again!”
- 2 ounces Zaya Gran Reserva (select your store at abcfws.com to check inventory)
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- 1-ounce pineapple juice
In a glass filled with ice, combine Zaya Gran Reserva with ginger beer. Top off with pineapple juice.
Jack's Tennessee Touchdown
It’s starts sweet but ends with a sour bite. Just like the St. Louis Rams.
- 1 ½ ounce Jack Daniel's® Tennessee Whiskey
- 1-ounce cranberry juice
- 2 ounce sweet and sour
- Splash of Sprite®
Combine ingredients together in a cocktail shaker with ice. Roll to mix. Pour into rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.
After your team scores a touchdown, you can go for a two-tini conversion.
In a shaker with ice, add vodka, vermouth and olive juice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with blue cheese olives.
No one will pass on this refreshing mix.
In a shaker, muddle fresh blueberries with lemon juice and simple syrup. Add ice and gin. Shake and pour unstrained into a 12-ounce glass.
So good it’ll make a grown man cry. Here’s lookin’ at you, Tom Brady.
- 1-ounce Templeton Rye
- 2 ounces Seagrams Watermelon Vodka
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Ginger ale
- Lime wheel
- Mint leaves
Combine Templeton Rye, Seagrams Watermelon Vodka, and cranberry juice in a 12-ounce glass over ice. Top with ginger ale and garnish with a lime wheel and mint leaves.Don’t throw the flag at your wine lovin’ gridiron guests. Check out this Big Game Wine Bundle or stock up on canned wine.